Splash Damage is a AAA video game studio based in the London Borough of Bromley, that has developed titles such as Enemy Territory: Wolfenstein, Brink, Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, Dirty Bomb, and has also worked on critically acclaimed third-party studio titles such as Gears of War: Ultimate Edition, Gears of War 4, and more.
Assistant Tools Programmer
2013-09-01 - 2014-07-01
Joined the company as a junior programmer on the tools team. Responsibilities largely consisted of working through the feature request backlog for existing content pipeline tooling used for artists, including a high-performance shader-map baking tool. My role largely consisted of working on extending or adding features to tooling that was already in use prior to my arrival.
- Build and Automation Tooling
- User-facing application for synchronizing and retrieving latest builds for playtests, and artists.
- Crash Reporting Tooling
- Web application for visualizing crash reports and captured debugging data.
- User-facing application for submitting new crash reports.
- Content Pipeline
- Performant shader-map baking tool for building shader maps from existing high and low resolution assets.