The title features higher resolution textures, high-dynamic range rendering, more detailed and complex geometry, and recreated cinematics and cutscenes.
My responsibilities on this project largely consisted of developing scalable and automated functional testing systems, which comprised of a web application for data visualization, engine-related functionality, and tooling that was responsible for remotely controlling and orchestrating the state of a game on remote Xbox One (Durango) targets.
- Commandlets and small pieces of software for integrating Chinese locale (traditional).
Automated Functional and Performance Testing
- Functional testing systems for remotely orchestrating tests, and collecting historical data for further analysis through our web application.
- Automated systems for testing gameplay features in various parts of in-game levels.
- Web application for visualizing historical captured performance data.
- Tools for launching and managing performance test runs on remote targets.
Build Systems and Continuous Integration
- Build systems powered by TeamCity.
- Build and automation achieved through auxiliary MSBuild projects.
- Build system configurations for nightly binary and content builders.
- Including continuous integration build configurations for testing new changes in the depot.
- Miscellaneous core-tech related bug fixing tasks towards the end of the development cycle.
- Fixing tricky network desynchronisation bugs in co-operative campaign game modes.