Bromley, United Kingdom
Splash Damage is a AAA video game studio based in the London Borough of Bromley, that has developed titles such as Enemy Territory: Wolfenstein, Brink, Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, Dirty Bomb, and has also worked on critically acclaimed third-party studio titles such as Gears of War: Ultimate Edition, Gears of War 4, and more.
Associate Tools Programmer
2014-07-01 - 2015-01-01
My responsibilities were more or less a continuation from my previous position as an Assistant Tools Programmer. Developed new systems under the supervision of the senior engineers on the dedicated tools team that existed at the time.
Find below some of my responsibilities while holding this position.
- Developing and extending existing localization tooling.
- Adding support for Unreal Engine 4 and its existing localization system.
- Creating export and import pipelines for retrieving and adding localised content (strings).
Hotspot and Automation Tooling
- Extended the existing hotspot and automation system and supporting tooling.
- Web application for performance data visualization, and remote control of local game client through web sockets.
- Developed clients for PC and Xbox One to enable for testing on remote clients.
- Developed CEF (Chromium Embedded Framework) powered game launcher that was used by Dirty Bomb.
- Supported a packaged installer (MSI installer) for public distribution amongst early backers of the game.