Splash Damage is a AAA video game studio based in the London Borough of Bromley, that has developed titles such as Enemy Territory: Wolfenstein, Brink, Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, Dirty Bomb, and has also worked on critically acclaimed third-party studio titles such as Gears of War: Ultimate Edition, Gears of War 4, and more.
2015-01-01 - 2017-09-01
Towards the end of my time working on Gears of War 4, I began work on studio-wide tooling and backend services that addressed a variety of needs. The work largely consisted of upgrading dependencies, and migrating existing tooling that had since been deprecated during the time that we were working on the Gears of War franchise.
- Upgrading and Migration of Existing Tooling
- Porting framework libraries from Visual Studio 2012 to 2015 (MSVC).
- Refactoring legacy code to support later versions of third-party dependencies.
- Upgrading web applications from AngularJS 1.14 to 4 with TypeScript build pipelines.
- Migrating backend of web applications from Python and Flask to NodeJS and TypeScript (REPL)
- Backend Services